Friday, June 15, 2007

A New Beginning, A New Chapter...Part 2


Hi


I think what people mostly wouldn't believe is, in my career as a performing artist and musician,


I had burned out...twice


Oh ya...that's right.




Tough to believe huh?


I guess back then, I worked too hard on something and I expected rewards and merit to come too quickly.


Maybe I expect too much of myself.


Well...I guess when you are young and full of driven energy and not having a matured mind and a good sense of direction....that's what happens.


Actually, this could just happen to anyone.




NOW...it's all different, it has all changed.


I'm a different person now..artistically and creatively.


I have matured over the years, artistically I've grown so much and I'm much more focus as well as being practical, objective and rational about what I do.




For example, when I did "Broadway Parodies Lah!"


I wasn't nervous...not one bit


I was calmed and relaxed and all set,ready to go.


Brian did tell me about how mean the critics can be, but i just didn't care at all


I took that as an opportunity and turn it around and exploit it positively.


All I care was to give my best, and nothing else matters.


Not to mention...enjoy myself at the same time.




Actually it was a new journey for me...


A new beginning, a new chapter..it's like Part 2 or a new Volume or Updated Edition in my career.


It's another level entirely.


Maturity in ones artistry is priceless.



As a human being, I'm still learning as I go along. Our journey in life is a learning experience and it won't stop.


When we think everything is at the end...it's not. Because actually.....it's a new beginning......







No comments: